Where does payroll report in an employer’s organization? What kind of pay cycles and pay methods do employers have? How prevalent is the outsourcing of payroll functions? How is time-worked data collected and processed? What about handling inquiries? Who handles the tax deposits and filing requirements?
This Bloomberg Tax & Accounting report on the 2019 Payroll Benchmarks Survey covers responses to these and other questions in key areas of the payroll function.
This comprehensive report on the survey includes breakdowns by industry, size of employer, and other analysis.
Based on the results of an in-depth survey questionnaire, the report analyzed:
- payroll operations and functions, including oversight of the payroll department, extent of jurisdictional operations, use of systems to process pay, and managing inquiries;
- timekeeping methods and approaches;
- outsourcing of payroll functions and activities;
- use of electronic means to pay employees and payment frequencies;
- tax deposit scheduling; and
- incidents of fraud and data breaches.