2020 Trust Nexus Survey Executive Summary
As living situations become less permanent due to Covid-19-related trends such as working from home and relocation, knowing where a trust should be taxed is becoming more uncertain for practitioners – and the people they advise.
In the 2020 Trust Nexus Survey, our tax experts analyze trust nexus policies state by state in an effort to bring clarity to the tax implications of a more nomadic society.
Senior state tax officials weigh in across the following topics:
- Ways a trust can become subject to a state’s income tax
- Covid-19 concerns
- Variation in tax rates when creating a trust
- Constitutional and judicial limitations
- Apportionment of trust income
- Throwback rules
- General tax nexus policies
- Common factors for determining trust residency
- Outlook on variations in residency rules
Download your complimentary copy to expertly navigate trust formation and taxation.