Explore in-depth, practitioner-focused multistate and state-by-state analysis, the most comprehensive database of chartable topics, breaking news and insights, comprehensive primary sources, and superior timesaving practice tools.
State tax resources
Simply complete the registration form to explore the current trends and changes in the area of state taxation.
2022 Corporate Tax Survey
Find out how survey participants responded to questions about challenges, mandates, roles, staffing, digital transformation, and more.
Cryptocurrency Tax Laws by State
Get a complete state-by-state breakdown of cryptocurrency tax laws at a glance.
State Sales Tax Nexus
Learn how to evaluate state-by-state sales tax nexus requirements since Wayfair, and advise your company or clients on staying compliant and managing their tax position.
2021 Corporate Tax Survey Results
Find out how survey participants responded to questions about tax reform, mitigating risk, the tax department function, staffing issues, and more.
2022 Tax Calendar
Stay up to date on the IRS tax calendar and key filing dates. Our 2022 tax calendar gives you a quick reference to the most common forms and 2022 tax due dates for individuals, businesses, and tax-exempt organizations.
Credits and Incentives (Portfolio 1490)
This Portfolio also addresses the issues of constitutionality, effectiveness, and the initiatives and policy directions states have taken with respect to existing programs.
State Taxation of Pass-Through Entities (Portfolio 1500)
Sales and Use Taxes (Portfolio 1300)
The value of Bloomberg Tax Research
- Bringing together state tax tools, chart builders, and primary sources, you can streamline all your work on our comprehensive, state-focused platform
- Easily stay ahead of the latest state, federal, and international tax developments with expert analysis, news, and primary sources all in one place
- Our state tax tools help you maximize efficiency while achieving the highest level of accuracy – saving you time and money
Access to this information requires a subscription to Bloomberg Tax Research. Don’t have access? Request a demo.
Save time and money with practice tools that enable you to easily access the data you need with chart builders, Sales & Use Tax Rate Finder, State Tax Client Letters, and nexus tools.
Create charts instantly on everything from apportionment and filing requirements to penalties and tax rates, and specify criteria on a state-by-state basis. You can also toggle between short and long answers on your chart.
Whether you’re looking for a specific statute, regulation, constitution, or case materials for state tax cases, you’ll find the primary and secondary source materials you need.
Tax news for all 50 states, D.C., and NYC
Start your morning with highlights from Daily Tax Report: State and stay ahead of challenges with State Tax Developments TrackerSM, Legislative Roadmaps, and so much more.
Daily Tax report: StateView more
Hear from our customers
Bloomberg Tax Research solution is very helpful in solving J&J's state sales tax questions from nexus issues to taxability of pharma products. The ease of use and direct links to statutes and regulations makes it the ``go to`` reference tool. I highly recommend it.
We rely on Bloomberg Tax to ensure we are as up to date as possible on legislation that concerns the tax industry. It is a consistently accurate and appreciated product.
I always rely on Bloomberg Tax Research for state tax research. During COVID-19 I have been able to stay up to date with states offering sales tax payment deferrals and regulation. I also get Daily Tax Report with state highlights, which keeps me up to date with what states are doing. I have used other research tools but by far Bloomberg Tax Research has been the best and most complete.
Discover how Bloomberg Tax Research will help you decipher any section of the code.
Spend less time on research tasks and more time on tax strategy. Find out how during a customized demo tailored to your organization’s priorities.
With Bloomberg Tax Research, you’ll be able to:
- Plan with confidence and understand the principles and nuances of complex tax issues with over 500 Tax Management Portfolios covering all sections of the tax code
- Leverage knowledge and practical guidance from over 1,000 leading global tax practitioners
- Minimize risk by staying ahead of developments across federal, state, and international tax
- Save time by accessing primary sources, practice tools, news, and analysis, all in one resource
What can I expect?
- Your representative will reach out to schedule a meeting
- Brief discussion of your organization’s needs
- Live demonstration tailored to the way you work
A platform for today’s tax challenges
“Bloomberg Tax Research really proves they are worth the money at times like this.”
– Current Bloomberg Tax Research Subscriber
Request a demo today and crack the (c)ode with Bloomberg Tax Research.