Governments across the globe have imposed a range of indirect taxes and reporting requirements on businesses selling cross-border and on digital platforms that facilitate cross-border transactions.
This patchwork landscape could leave sellers unaware of the conditions under which they might trigger sales taxes in the U.S. and value-added or other taxes internationally.
This downloadable OnPoint – a summary of ready-to-use presentation slides – examines the 3 tax regimes, provides examples of the rules for e-commerce businesses, reviews the penalties of non-compliance, and more.
- State “Wayfair” Rules
- Indirect Tax and Compliance Issues
- Hazards of Wayfair Non-Compliance
- Value Added Taxation (VAT) of E-Commerce
- VAT Implications Selling to EU and Non-EU Countries
- Hazards of VAT Non-Compliance
- EU DAC7
- Future EU DAC7 Digital Platform News