Tax law changes such as the CARES Act and the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act are causing serious complications for financial reporting, with the suddenness of these shifts sometimes triggering a material weakness for companies.
Understand the consequences of revalued tax assets and liabilities with our report, Anatomy of a Material Weakness: Did the CARES Act Trigger a Material Weakness in Your Financial Reporting?
Explore topics including:
- Why asset-intensive companies often have large deferred tax liabilities
- The impacts of changes to net operating loss rules
- How state conformity decisions create the potential for large swings in state taxable income
- Serious risks to the process of accounting for income taxes
- Root causes of material weakness
Download this special report today.