ARLINGTON, VA (November 20, 2018) — Bloomberg Tax today announced it will be convening U.S. and international policymakers, tax policy experts, and corporate tax leaders at a one-day forum in Washington, D.C. to discuss the implications of the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act and the midterm elections on multinational corporations. Registration and event information for the Bloomberg Tax Leadership Forum, which is being held on Thursday, November 29 at the National Press Club from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., is available at https://www.bna.com/bloomberg-tax-leadership-forum/.
The conference will address developing federal, state, and international tax issues as well as the implications of the 2017 Tax Cut and Jobs Act on business tax planning. Attendees will hear from chief Senate and House tax counsel and top officials from the U.S. Department of Treasury will discuss what to expect in the year ahead from Capitol Hill and the federal agencies with oversight of tax law. Corporate tax leaders from companies including Halliburton, PepsiCo, Gannett, and Danaher will share insights and practical guidance related to the top tax policy issues impacting multinationals.
“The impressive lineup of thought leaders we’ve convened for this event—representing leading multinationals, government and policy organizations—will provide practical insights that address key concerns and issues in the aftermath of this month’s midterm elections,” said Lisa Fitzpatrick, Bloomberg Tax President. “Tax professionals can rely on Bloomberg Tax for news, analysis and practice tools, and events like the Bloomberg Tax Leadership Forum to get unique perspectives from industry leaders on the global tax developments that are impacting businesses.”
Featured speakers include:
- Jennifer Acuna-Gordon, Chief Tax Counsel, Senate Committee on Finance (R)
- Barbara Angus, Chief Tax Counsel, House Ways and Means Committee (R)
- David Bradbury, Head of Tax Policy and Statistics Division, Centre for Tax Policy and Administration, OECD
- Myrtle Jones, Senior Vice President of Tax, Halliburton
- Aruna Kalyanam, Democratic Tax Counsel and Staff Director, House Ways and Means Committee (D)
- Timothy M. McDonald, Vice President, Finance & Accounting, Global Taxes, The Procter & Gamble Company
- Nancy Prosser, General Counsel, Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
- Agnieszka Samoc, Vice President, Tax Counsel, Danaher Corporation
- Tiffany Smith, Chief Counsel, Tax Senate Committee on Finance (D)
- Ognian Stoichkov, Global Transfer Pricing Director, PepsiCo
KPMG is founding presenter, Loeb & Loeb is lead presenter, and Vistra and Foss & Company are associate presenters of the Bloomberg Tax Leadership Forum.
About Bloomberg Tax
Bloomberg Tax provides comprehensive global research, news and technology services enabling tax professionals to get the timely, accurate, and in-depth information they need to plan and comply with confidence. Our flagship Bloomberg Tax platform combines the proven expertise and perspectives of leading tax practitioners in our renowned Tax Management PortfoliosTM with integrated news from the industry-leading Daily Tax Report®, authoritative analysis and insights, primary sources, and time-saving practice tools. Bloomberg Tax technology solutions on our proprietary Advantage platform help practitioners simplify complex processes to better control risk and maximize profitability. For more information, visit Bloomberg Tax & Accounting.