Known as “The Ethics Sage” to many with a reputation as an expert in ethics, Dr. Steven Mintz is a Professor Emeritus from Cal Poly State University in San Luis Obispo. He received the Accounting Exemplar Award from the Public Interest Section of the American Accounting Association in 2015. His blog, Ethics Sage, was recognized as number 49 out of 100 top philosophy blogs and one of the top 30 blogs on Corporate Social Responsibility.
Dr. Mintz is on the Editorial Advisory Board of The CPA Journal. He is the editor of a volume on Accounting for the Public Interest: Perspectives on Accountability, Professionalism and Role in Society. He also contributed a chapter to the publication, Giving Voice to Values in Accounting Education.
Other credentials include:
- Dozens of research papers published on ethics.
- Co-author of a textbook used in many colleges and universities, Ethical Obligations and Decision Making in Accounting: Text and Cases.
- Developer of courses for continuing education in ethics and business and accounting ethics.
- Speaker on ethics and professional responsibility.
- Litigation consultant and expert witness on ethics matters.
Ph.D., International Accounting, George Washington University;
M.B.A., Management Sciences, Syracuse University
B.S., Accounting, Long Island University
Bloomberg Tax Management Portfolios
This Portfolio discusses the ethical obligations of accountants in the performance of professional services.