2018 Payroll Benchmarks Preliminary Report
The preliminary Bloomberg Tax report on the 2018 Payroll Benchmarks Survey covers responses to questions in key areas of the payroll function. Based on the results of an in-depth survey questionnaire fielded in late 2018, the report analyzed:
- payroll operations and functions, including oversight of the payroll department, extent of jurisdictional operations, use of systems to process pay, and managing inquiries;
- timekeeping methods and approaches;
- outsourcing of payroll functions and activities;
- use of electronic means to pay employees and payment frequencies;
- tax deposit scheduling; and
- incidents of fraud and data breaches.
Data breaches and changes in wage payment options are among new issues covered in the 2018 preliminary report. A full report is to be released later in 2019.