The preliminary Bloomberg Tax report on the 2018 Payroll Benchmarks Survey covers responses to questions in key areas of the payroll function. Based on the results of an in-depth survey questionnaire fielded in late 2018, the report analyzed:
- payroll operations and functions, including oversight of the payroll department, extent of jurisdictional operations, use of systems to process pay, and managing inquiries;
- timekeeping methods and approaches;
- outsourcing of payroll functions and activities;
- use of electronic means to pay employees and payment frequencies;
- tax deposit scheduling; and
- incidents of fraud and data breaches.
Data breaches and changes in wage payment options are among new issues covered in the 2018 preliminary report. A full report is to be released later in 2019.